Building beautiful open spaces in the mid-peninsula
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space has purchased or received gifted unused properties to create hiking and open space areas for habitat restoration and low intensity recreation. Many of these properties have old wells requiring destruction and abandonment.
Pitcher Services completed a challenging well destruction project for Midpeninsula in Loma Prieta in 2022 using their Failing 1500 drill rig. With a weight of 25,500 lbs the drill has the capacity to drill up to 1500ft below the surface. For this project they drilled to an impressive 950ft.
- Environmental and public use improvement
- Contract value $200k
- Multiple counties, jurisdictions and permitting requirements
- Difficult access locations down small roads or trails
- Challenging well destructions with no access to water, must be trucked in for grout mixing
- Access limited by environmental study completion
Download the full project profile in PDF here