Protecting our workforce, our clients, and the general public from injuries and property damage is a core priority of our corporate philosophy. Because of this a “safety first” policy has been integrated into all areas of operation and is put into practice by all Pitcher Services personnel on a daily basis. We attribute a large portion of our overall success as a company to the significance we place on safety. Our commitment to safety has allowed us to effectively manage the risks inherent in our industry, provide a safe, sensible, and productive work environment and consistently prevent injuries as well as control costs.
We consider a keystone of our success to be that our crews have been working as part of our team for periods much longer than most drilling contractors with an average of 6+ years, many for over 15 years. They are well trained in a range of site investigation techniques.
A key element of our “safety first” policy is the behavior based Health Monitoring & Safety Program we have implemented. All Pitcher employees receive training, including regular updates and refreshers. Pitcher’s program is designed to give our team members the ability to:
- Evaluate the safety issues for each job task they perform
- Properly minimize site hazards
- Respond properly to incidents should the need arise
- Stop work when they believe or perceive unsafe work conditions exist
Health Monitoring & Safety Program Overview
- Health and Safety Orientation for New Hires
- Work Practices & Procedures
- Workplace Hazard Control
- Safety Disciplinary Policy
- Program Compliance Policy
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Substance Abuse Program
- Monthly Safety Meetings
- Inspections and Audits
- Task Specific Job Safety Analysis
- Site Specific Health and Safety Plan
- Site Safety Initiative Meetings
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Rig Safety
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Program
- Emergency Response
- Potential Hazards
- Evacuation and Decontamination Procedures
We believe that well-trained crews are better equipped to work in both a safe and productive manner.
In addition to our Health Monitoring & Safety Program we continually reinforce safety awareness with basic training as well as annual refresher courses for every field employee.
Pitcher’s crews are:
- OSHA certified (in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120)
- 40-hour HAZWOPER
- 8-hr Annual Refresher
- Mine Safety and Health Administration, 91-173 (MSHA) certified
- Refinery Certified (DISA/LACC, B.A.T., and LPS programs)
- EPA, operational safety training levels A, B, C and D certified
- Radiological Safety trained
- First-Aid/CPR trained
- PACE Behavioral Defensive Driving trained
- Forklift trained & certified
Each member of our team has a personal stake in the success of our company and can be counted on to provide the highest level of service possible.
Pitcher recognizes that success in project delivery always begins with considering safety first. The methods and equipment selection to answer the needs of any individual program are always planned and chosen with this in mind. A safe job is one that is well planned; and thus, the focus on safety will provide consistent, reliable, and efficient project work.